We’re enhancing our current fire investigation services with the implementation of Matterport cameras and interactive 3D models of fire losses. Part of our strategic mission is to test technology and look for new tools that will enhance our work and bring more value to Donan’s clients. The Matterport technology achieves those goals.
3D Scanning for Insurance
Whether you’re an insurance carrier, a claims adjuster or property owner, Matterport can ensure the most accurate, transparent, and fair documentation and valuations – helping you to close claims much faster.
Get accurate documentation, increase quality and transparency.
Maximize claim cycle efficiency and customer satisfaction.
See for yourself
3D walkthroughs provide accurate, easy-to-use documentation that can serve as a single source of truth from initial policy decisions through claims handling.
Get the Matterport Advantage
Matterport’s 3D data platform provides the most comprehensive, accurate, and efficient loss documentation for insurance professionals.
Reduce time spent processing claims and rectifying discrepancies with Matterport’s comprehensive 3D imagery and the ability to add additional notes and details with Mattertags™.
Accurate, updatable documentation throughout the insurance cycle
Insure with the most comprehensive pre-loss asset documentation and risk management with the digital twin that allows for more informed and accurate underwriting practices.
- Reduce the initial risk of insuring a building and eliminating the need for physical reinspection.
- Unbeatable documentation accuracy for higher quality assessments compared to an outsourced inspection.
- Add policy and claims notes directly into the 3D model.
Highest accuracy for insurance carrier documentation
Improving the thoroughness of records when processing claims reduces discrepancies and time lost resolving issues.
- Better accuracy reduces the claim cycle to create a better customer experience for policyholders.
- Increase operational transparency with the ability to share links of 3D spaces to different stakeholders.
- Boost adjuster speed and precision to review and navigate the loss remotely with exact property dimensions.
- Improve catastrophic (CAT) event response when in-house field adjusting teams are stretched thin. Tap into the network of thousands of Matterport Service Partners, and help people return to their homes sooner and get businesses up and running faster.
Detailed and immersive documentation for forensics professionals
Capture a building or space exactly as is and gather the most accurate documentation and measurements possible. Matterport can help you provide indisputable evidence while reducing interruptions to restoration work.
- Create court-admissible documentation with scans that cannot be manipulated.
- Memorialize the scene and avoid scene spoilage.
- Bring the jury to the scene with 3D walkthroughs.
- Guarantee confidentiality and authenticity with face blurring and time stamps.
- Save time and improve accuracy with schematic floor plans and measurement tools.
Accurate claims documentation for home and business owners
Utilize a clear-cut and comprehensive approach to document your home or business and any assets contained to help expedite your claim should you need to file one.
- A complete record of your property’s condition
- Specific inventory of personal items and other assets within your home or office
- Reduce discrepancies and disputes with insurance carriers
- Expedite the entire claims process, reducing the need to provide documentation or receipts in some instances
The Matterport Difference for Insurance
Learn how to get started with 3D scanning
You'll be in good company
If I have a question, I refer the adjuster or the policyholder to the Matterport 3D model. Together, we can virtually walk the property, addressing concerns and open items together. — They love it.
Damage to property is never fun or easy but using Matterport 3D reality capture, which introduces unique accountability and transparency to the process, it’s made as easy and painless as possible.
By sharing the Matterport 3D models with stakeholders, we’ve reduced the number of inquiries and disputes from insurance adjusters, building consultants, and owners. The 3D model provides everyone with a single, accurate source of documentation to reference throughout the restoration and claims processes, helping us serve more customers, faster.