At Corgan, we used the Matterport Pro2 camera during a project at LAX. The technology allowed us to efficiently scan existing conditions, capture key milestones, create virtual punch lists, document progress and share 3D models with owners and facility managers.
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Whether you work in architecture, engineering, or construction, you'll be able to streamline documentation, 3D scan as-builts, and collaborate with ease. With Matterport, you can also reduce costs and help save the most precious commodity — your time
The Matterport Advantage
Our 3D data platform is the most powerful, accurate, and quickest way to document a building or property. With a compatible camera, you can capture anything from small to large spaces — both inside and outside — with the highest level of detail.
Capturing As-Built Construction
Matterport's 3D data platform automatically stitches all your data together and lets you export your data easily, saving significant amounts of manual work and time.
- Create 3D walk-throughs and virtually take anyone immediately to a site or location.
- Generate OBJ files and point clouds for as-builts and construction documentation.
- Export your point cloud into ReCap® or Revit®
- Perform remote inspections, measure while offsite, and reduce site visits by capturing all data the first time.
- Communicate key milestones quickly and effectively by eliminating travel time and by sharing and annotating in the model to get sign offs.
- Replace thousands of photos by capturing all imagery and data at once, and save time by eliminating the need to document, arrange, and label photos.
- Get reflected ceiling plan images and schematic floor plans.
- Eliminate registration markers or manual alignment.
- Have scans automatically registered and stitched into a textured mesh in hours.
- Capture spaces that are accurate within 1% using a Matterport Pro2 camera and 0.1% with Leica BLK360.
Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Incorporating Matterport into your BIM process can help reduce virtual design and construction costs and help you win more bids.
- Easily share and render within Revit® and other BIM tools.
- Scan tight areas 10 — 15 times faster than with a typical LIDAR scanner.
- Overlay your point cloud onto your BIM model to conduct verification.
- Take measurements in difficult to access areas such as pipes, trusses, and ceiling beams.
Survey Of AEC Industry Professionals
Agree that reality capture is the future of AEC
Agree that having a 3D walkthrough is superior than other alternatives to communicate job site status
Agree that Matterport has improved the way they communicate on projects
A Powerful Suite of Features
Embed annotations and media in your digital twin to highlight key features of your property.
Schematic Floor Plans
Generate schematic floor plans of your property with the push of a button.
Measure any aspect of your space, such as walls, windows, furniture, and more.
High Definition Photos
4K print quality photography of hyper realistic renderings (only with Pro2 camera).
A bundle of digital assets you can download, edit, and import into 3rd party programs.
Automatically generate video tours that highlight the attributes of your space.
It's Easy to Get Started
All you need to get started are a plan and a camera. See what you can do with our 3D capture platform.
1 Active space
- View in Cloud privately
- Download photos and videos
- Take measurements
Room to grow
5 Active spaces
- Share and embed anywhere
- Publish to Realtor.com
- Publish to Google Street View for $19.99
- Basic Space traffic analytics
25 Active spaces
- Small team collaboration
- Automatic face blurring
- Publish to Google Street View for $14.99
- MatterPak™ technical files for $49 (excludes 360 cameras)
- Schematic floor plans for $14.99 (excludes 360 cameras)
100 Active spaces
- Large team collaboration
- Account administration
- Publish to Google Street View for $12.99
- MatterPak™ technical files for $39 (excludes 360 cameras)
- Schematic floor plans for $12.99 (excludes 360 cameras)
- Export traffic reports
You'll be in good company
The initial 30.5 hours we invested in scanning MEP facilities of Toronto Western Hospital was essential to an efficient modeling workflow. Capturing good, reliable scan data ensured our remaining 300 hours of modeling MEP systems in Autodesk Revit was seamless.
I won't do a multi-story building without a Matterport camera.
We began using Matterport to give our engineers and designers a more effective way to engage with clients, contractors, and one another,” Mehr said. “After scanning the space, we annotate and share punch-lists from the Matterport Cloud, eliminating the need for 10-15 people to attend site surveys.